Thursday 16 January 2014

Foreign Treasures

I'm a little behind on posting, so there's going to be a few in quick succession as quick as I can get them typed up.

I didn't want to put this in my original blog post for Mexico because it would ruin the surprise if it happened to get read before the presentation. I was waiting till all of us were together sitting chatting, but timing as it sometimes is out here just doesn't seem to work out the way one might expect.
So, during our trip to Mexico when we were walking around the merchant wares, we happened to spot a some wooden carvings/sculptures that caught our eye. We stopped to admire them and ended up picking out a very nice little turtle to present to Mountain Kimmie when we got back. I know how fond she is of turtles, so she should certainly be pleased. It was tough to take a picture of it as no matter what I did with the flash or lighting, all the details couldn't be made out no matter what. This one didn't turn out half bad though. 
It is hand made out of ironwood by the Mexican gentleman that sold him to us. Him and his family make all the wood sculptures we saw on display. As I mentioned in my Mexico post, I like to look for something unique and handmade by the person who is selling them.

The other thing I happened to find for KD (MK's trailer) was a couple little red tea light battery powered candles. I got a set for myself also. I guess these are considered foreign as they're probably made in China, but I thought they would be good for a little bit of ambiance when real ones are not desired for whatever reason.

These were presented last night during bedtime snack and chat after campfire time. 

No comments:

Post a Comment